pochodzenie błotniaka Eylesa i orła Haasta

Czyli o potomkach dinozaurów - zwierzętach z kladu Avialae
Awatar użytkownika
kryty_niekrytyczny
Triasowy silezaur
Triasowy silezaur

pochodzenie błotniaka Eylesa i orła Haasta

Post autor: kryty_niekrytyczny »

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1055790318306328 pisze:Prior to human arrival in the 13th century, two large birds of prey were the top predators in New Zealand. In the absence of non-volant mammals, the extinct Haast's eagle (Hieraaetus moorei), the largest eagle in the world, and the extinct Eyles' harrier (Circus teauteensis) the largest harrier in the world, had filled ecological niches that are on other landmasses occupied by animals such as large cats or canines. The evolutionary and biogeographic history of these island giants has long been a mystery. Here we reconstruct the origin and evolution of New Zealand’s giant raptors using complete mitochondrial genome data. We show that both Eyles’ harrier and Haast’s eagle diverged from much smaller, open land adapted Australasian relatives in the late Pliocene to early Pleistocene. These events coincided with the development of open habitat in the previously densely forested islands of New Zealand. Our study provides evidence of rapid evolution of island gigantism in New Zealand’s extinct birds of prey. Early Pleistocene climate and environmental changes were likely to have triggered the establishment of Australian raptors into New Zealand. Our results shed light on the evolution of two of the most impressive cases of island gigantism in the world.
Obrazek

niezawsze
Prekambryjski stromatolit
Prekambryjski stromatolit

Re: pochodzenie błotniaka Eylesa i orła Haasta

Post autor: niezawsze »

Dlaczego właśnie tam żyjące orły i błotniaki tak urosły?
Ostatnio zmieniony 3 sierpnia 2022, o 18:37 przez nazuul, łącznie zmieniany 1 raz.
Powód: usunięty spam

Kriolofozaur Szymon Jagusztyn
Jurajski allozaur
Jurajski allozaur

Re: pochodzenie błotniaka Eylesa i orła Haasta

Post autor: Kriolofozaur Szymon Jagusztyn »

Najprawdopodobniej nie miały naturalnych wrogów i dostatek pożywienia

ODPOWIEDZ