[Zbiorczy] Dinozaury - nowe informacje 2009

Czyli co piszczy w paleontologicznej "trawie" :)
Awatar użytkownika
nazuul

Proceratosaurus - nowe badanie

Post autor: nazuul »

ZnĂłw tyranozauroidy :) . Mamy teĹź nowy klad (i to o dziwo... monofiletyczny! :lol: ) - Proceratosauridae
Rauhut, O. W. M., Milner A. C. & Moore-Fay, S. (2009) "Cranial osteology and phylogenetic position of the theropod dinosaur Proceratosaurus bradleyi (Woodward, 1910) from the Middle Jurassic of England" Zoological Journal of the Linnean Society Published Online: Nov 4 2009 9:18AM DOI: 10.1111/j.1096-3642.2009.00591.x

The cranial osteology of the small theropod dinosaur Proceratosaurus from the Bathonian of Minchinhampton, England, is described in detail, based on new preparation and computed tomography (CT) scan images of the type, and only known, specimen. Proceratosaurus is an unusual theropod with markedly enlarged external nares and a cranial crest starting at the premaxillary–nasal junction. The skull is highly pneumatic, with pneumatized nasals, jugals, and maxillae, as well as a highly pneumatic braincase, featuring basisphenoid, anterior tympanic, basipterygoid, and carotid recesses. The dentition is unusual, with small premaxillary teeth and much larger lateral teeth, with a pronounced size difference of the serrations between the mesial and distal carina. The first dentary tooth is somewhat procumbent and flexed anteriorly. Phylogenetic analysis places Proceratosaurus in the Tyrannosauroidea, in a monophyletic clade Proceratosauridae, together with the Oxfordian Chinese taxon Guanlong. The Bathonian age of Proceratosaurus extends the origin of all clades of basal coelurosaurs back into the Middle Jurassic, and provides evidence for an early, Laurasia-wide, dispersal of the Tyrannosauroidea during the late Middle to Late Jurassic.

Obrazek
Zdjęcie pochodzi z tej strony.

Dawid - znów trzeba poprawić art. o Tyrannosauroidea. No i Twój opis Proceratosaurus. Zajmę się tym pierwszym, ok? :)

Awatar użytkownika
Daniel Madzia
Jurajski allozaur
Jurajski allozaur
Kontakt:

Re: Proceratosaurus - nowe badanie

Post autor: Daniel Madzia »

nazuul pisze:Mamy teĹź nowy klad (i to o dziwo... monofiletyczny! :lol: ) - Proceratosauridae
To niestety bardzo czesty blad. :|

Ag.Ent
Kredowy tyranozaur
Kredowy tyranozaur
Imię i nazwisko: Tomasz Skawiński

Post autor: Ag.Ent »

Daniel Madzia pisze:To niestety bardzo czesty blad. :|
I to nawet wśród osób, które dobrze znają się na kladystyce.

A tak na marginesie: Shaochilong (karcharodontozauryd. Chyba :)) im wyszedł jako najbliższa grupa zewnętrzna kladu (Tyrannosauroidea + Maniraptoriformes).

d_m

Post autor: d_m »

Ag.Ent pisze:A tak na marginesie: Shaochilong (karcharodontozauryd. Chyba :)) im wyszedł jako najbliższa grupa zewnętrzna kladu (Tyrannosauroidea + Maniraptoriformes).
Ot i cała kladystyka :P

"Monofiletyczny klad" to ostatnio słyszałem 4 godziny temu na wykładzie w Muzeum Ewolucji :P

Awatar użytkownika
nazuul

Dawid Mazurek pisze:
Ag.Ent pisze:A tak na marginesie: Shaochilong (karcharodontozauryd. Chyba :)) im wyszedł jako najbliższa grupa zewnętrzna kladu (Tyrannosauroidea + Maniraptoriformes).
Wcześniej za bardzo nie wiedziano co zrobić z "C". maortuensis, bo jest fragmentaryczny i nietypowy (zob. TU i porównaj z historią badań nad allozauroidami - szczególnie karcharodontozaurydami, poczytaj tez o jego anatomii, która jak na karcharodontozauryda jest dość nietypowa). Matryca, którą posłużyli się Rauhut i wpółpracownicy to nieco zmodyfikowana Rauhuta (2003 - a od tego czasu sporo się pozmieniało) dotycząca bazalnych (jako niecelurozaurowych?) teropodów. Wprowadzono parę zmian, np. dodanie istotnych dla zbadania pokrewieństwa proceratozaura taksonów - Guanlong, Dilong, Tugulusaurus i Tanycolagreus. Taksony Maniraptora, Coelpohysoidea i Spinosauroidea zostały zakodowane jako jeden OTU i przy okazji skasowano cechy przez to nieinformatywne. To analiza sprzed redeskrycpji 'C'. maortuensis, który i tak jest bardzo fragmentaryczny. Może badacze (np. Rauhut), którzy wcześniej wskazywali różne możliwe pocycje jego w filogenezie nie widzieli osobiście materiału? Ciekawe, gdzie 'C'. maortuensis znalazł się w oryginalnej analizie Rauhuta.

Kladystyka jest problemem? Czy raczej pomocą?
Ag.Ent pisze:kladu (Tyrannosauroidea + Maniraptoriformes).
=Tyrannoraptora

Awatar użytkownika
Daniel Madzia
Jurajski allozaur
Jurajski allozaur
Kontakt:

Post autor: Daniel Madzia »

Dawid Mazurek pisze:
Nie powtarzajac juz totalne podstawy "podejscia kladystycznego", o ktorych napisal nazuul (prosto i zrozumiale), chcialbym tylko podkreslic, ze niechec do czegos bez zrozumienia tego, nie jest zbyt naukowa (i ma bardzo duzo wspolnego z kreacjonizmem! :P). O komentarzach juz nawet nie mowie. ;)

Awatar użytkownika
hanys
Jurajski allozaur
Jurajski allozaur

Pochodzenie i wczesna ewolucja dinozaurĂłw

Post autor: hanys »

Langer, M.C., Ezcurra, M.D., Bittencourt, J.S., and F.E. Novas. 2009. The origin and early evolution of dinosaurs. Biological Reviews, Online first
The oldest unequivocal records of Dinosauria were unearthed from Late Triassic rocks (approximately 230 Ma) accumulated over extensional rift basins in southwestern Pangea. The better known of these are Herrerasaurus ischigualastensis, Pisanosaurus mertii, Eoraptor lunensis, and Panphagia protos from the Ischigualasto Formation, Argentina, and Staurikosaurus pricei and Saturnalia tupiniquim from the Santa Maria Formation, Brazil. No uncontroversial dinosaur body fossils are known from older strata, but the Middle Triassic origin of the lineage may be inferred from both the footprint record and its sister-group relation to Ladinian basal dinosauromorphs. These include the typical Marasuchus lilloensis, more basal forms such as Lagerpeton and Dromomeron, as well as silesaurids: a possibly monophyletic group composed of Mid-Late Triassic forms that may represent immediate sister taxa to dinosaurs. The first phylogenetic definition to fit the current understanding of Dinosauria as a node-based taxon solely composed of mutually exclusive Saurischia and Ornithischia was given as "all descendants of the most recent common ancestor of birds and Triceratops". Recent cladistic analyses of early dinosaurs agree that Pisanosaurus mertii is a basal ornithischian; that Herrerasaurus ischigualastensis and Staurikosaurus pricei belong in a monophyletic Herrerasauridae; that herrerasaurids, Eoraptor lunensis, and Guaibasaurus candelariensis are saurischians; that Saurischia includes two main groups, Sauropodomorpha and Theropoda; and that Saturnalia tupiniquim is a basal member of the sauropodomorph lineage. On the contrary, several aspects of basal dinosaur phylogeny remain controversial, including the position of herrerasaurids, E. lunensis, and G. candelariensis as basal theropods or basal saurischians, and the affinity and/or validity of more fragmentary taxa such as Agnosphitys cromhallensis, Alwalkeria maleriensis, Chindesaurus bryansmalli, Saltopus elginensis, and Spondylosoma absconditum. The identification of dinosaur apomorphies is jeopardized by the incompleteness of skeletal remains attributed to most basal dinosauromorphs, the skulls and forelimbs of which are particularly poorly known. Nonetheless, Dinosauria can be diagnosed by a suite of derived traits, most of which are related to the anatomy of the pelvic girdle and limb. Some of these are connected to the acquisition of a fully erect bipedal gait, which has been traditionally suggested to represent a key adaptation that allowed, or even promoted, dinosaur radiation during Late Triassic times. Yet, contrary to the classical "competitive" models, dinosaurs did not gradually replace other terrestrial tetrapods over the Late Triassic. In fact, the radiation of the group comprises at least three landmark moments, separated by controversial (Carnian-Norian, Triassic-Jurassic) extinction events. These are mainly characterized by early diversification in Carnian times, a Norian increase in diversity and (especially) abundance, and the occupation of new niches from the Early Jurassic onwards. Dinosaurs arose from fully bipedal ancestors, the diet of which may have been carnivorous or omnivorous. Whereas the oldest dinosaurs were geographically restricted to south Pangea, including rare ornithischians and more abundant basal members of the saurischian lineage, the group achieved a nearly global distribution by the latest Triassic, especially with the radiation of saurischian groups such as "prosauropods" and coelophysoids.
http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/jour ... 7/abstract
Ostatnio zmieniony 7 listopada 2009, o 15:42 przez hanys, łącznie zmieniany 1 raz.

Awatar użytkownika
skrecu
Jurajski allozaur
Jurajski allozaur

Post autor: skrecu »

to jest art online first a nie BiolRev 84:1-56, jak Ci się chce to popraw to :)
"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known" - C.Sagan

Awatar użytkownika
hanys
Jurajski allozaur
Jurajski allozaur

Post autor: hanys »

skrecu pisze:to jest art online first a nie BiolRev 84:1-56, jak Ci się chce to popraw to :)
Sam nie wiem skąd to wziąłem :oops:

EDIT
skopiowałem tak z 'chinleany'

Ag.Ent
Kredowy tyranozaur
Kredowy tyranozaur

hanys pisze:Sam nie wiem skąd to wziąłem :oops:
W samym artykule teĹź jest podane "84, pp. 1-56" :P

Awatar użytkownika
skrecu
Jurajski allozaur
Jurajski allozaur

Post autor: skrecu »

Ag.Ent pisze:W samym artykule teĹź jest podane "84, pp. 1-56" :P
wiem, i to jest błąd, mały ale zawsze widzisz poprawiłeś i nawet za 100 lat łatwo będzie znależć ten art a odchłani jakiegoś następcy internetu v10.1 :D
"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known" - C.Sagan

Ag.Ent
Kredowy tyranozaur
Kredowy tyranozaur

W rzeczonej publikacji (teraz doczytałem do tego fragmentu) zdefiniowano wreszcie nazwę Silesauridae - wszystkie archozaury bliżej spokrewnione z silezaurem niż z heterodontozaurem lub marazuchem. :)

Awatar użytkownika
minmi
Sylurski akantod
Sylurski akantod

Post autor: minmi »

Wreszcie coś nowego piszczy w trawie! :P
Obrazek

Ag.Ent
Kredowy tyranozaur
Kredowy tyranozaur

Biomechanika biegu dowodzi stałocieplności dwunożnych din

Pontzer H, Allen V, Hutchinson JR (2009) Biomechanics of Running Indicates Endothermy in Bipedal Dinosaurs. PLoS ONE 4(11): e7783. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0007783

Pontzer, Allen i Hutchinson na podstawie badań 14 taksonów dwunożnych dinozauromorfów potwierdzają hipotezę, że stałocieplność była powszechna przynajmniej u dużych nieptasich dinozaurów. Stwierdzają, że prawdopodobnie stanowi ona cechą wyjściową u Dinosauriformes, a być może Ornithodira - wskazuje na to jednak raczej wysokie tempo wzrostu, a nie koszty lokomotoryczne.

Awatar użytkownika
minmi
Sylurski akantod
Sylurski akantod

Słyszałem hipotezę, że charakterystyczne wygięcia szyi do tyłu po śmierci dinozaurów mają wskazywać n stałocieplność dinozaurów, ponieważ taki efekt jest typowy dla powolnej śmierci dzisiejszych ptaków i ssaków.
Obrazek

Awatar użytkownika
Dawid Mika
Jurajski allozaur
Jurajski allozaur

Post autor: Dawid Mika »

minmi pisze:Słyszałem hipotezę, że charakterystyczne wygięcia szyi do tyłu po śmierci dinozaurów mają wskazywać n stałocieplność dinozaurów, ponieważ taki efekt jest typowy dla powolnej śmierci dzisiejszych ptaków i ssaków.
Hmm,, a nie wynika to przypadkiem z wysychania tkanki mięśniowej, która kurcząc się wygina szyję ku tyłowi, niezależnie czy śmierć była nagła czy powolna ? Zresztą co ma pośmiertne wygięcie się szyi do metabolizmu ? Niezbyt rozumiem.

Awatar użytkownika
minmi
Sylurski akantod
Sylurski akantod

Podobno stwierdzono to na podstawie ostatnich badań... Nie były one szczegółowo opisane, tylko krótka wzmianka.
Obrazek

Awatar użytkownika
Dawid Mika
Jurajski allozaur
Jurajski allozaur

Post autor: Dawid Mika »

minmi pisze:Podobno stwierdzono to na podstawie ostatnich badań... Nie były one szczegółowo opisane, tylko krótka wzmianka.
Mógłbyś rozwinąć wątek... Skąd wiesz o istnieniu takiej hipotezy ? Najlepiej zacytuj oryginalny fragment (jeśli możesz oczywiście)

Awatar użytkownika
szerman
Neogeński mastodont
Neogeński mastodont
Imię i nazwisko: MSz

Post autor: szerman »

Dawid Mika pisze:
minmi pisze:Słyszałem hipotezę, że charakterystyczne wygięcia szyi do tyłu po śmierci dinozaurów mają wskazywać n stałocieplność dinozaurów, ponieważ taki efekt jest typowy dla powolnej śmierci dzisiejszych ptaków i ssaków.
Hmm,, a nie wynika to przypadkiem z wysychania tkanki mięśniowej, która kurcząc się wygina szyję ku tyłowi, niezależnie czy śmierć była nagła czy powolna ? Zresztą co ma pośmiertne wygięcie się szyi do metabolizmu ? Niezbyt rozumiem.
Zgadzam się z Dawidem. Nienaturalne wygięcie nie tylko szyi do tyłu, a także ogona w jej stronę to efekt rozkładu. Nic mi nie wiadomo żeby był to dowód na stałocieplność zwierząt.

Awatar użytkownika
minmi
Sylurski akantod
Sylurski akantod

Niestety nie mogę podać teraz oryginalnego fragmentu, ale żródło to najnowszy numer Focusa poświęcony dinozaurom. Wiadomo mi też, że badania prowadził jakiś znany weterynarz.
Obrazek

Ag.Ent
Kredowy tyranozaur
Kredowy tyranozaur

Chodzi chyba o tę publikację. Stwierdzono tam, że pozycję, w której odnajdywano szczątki dinozaurów, zwierzęta przyjmowały w trakcie agonii, czyli jeszcze za życia, a nie pośmiertnie. A w takiej pozycji znajdowano wcześniej tylko przedstawicieli grup powszechnie uznawanych za stałocieplne - pterozaury, ptaki, łożyskowce. Ale są dziesiątki bardziej stanowczych dowodów (przynajmniej moim zdaniem ;)) na stałocieplność dinozaurów.

Awatar użytkownika
nazuul

Nowe pracki o dinozaurach i pterozaurach - 11.2009

W porządku systematycznym - od ptaków do bardziej bazalnych archozaurów, wiele dostępnych za darmo (tytuł na zielono - link):

1)
Zhou, Z.-H., Zhang, F.-C., and Li, Z.-H. 2009. A new basal ornithurine bird (Jianchangornis microdonta gen. et sp. nov.) from the Lower Cretaceous of China. Vertebrata PalAsiatica 47(4):299-310.

A new genus and species of a basal ornithurine bird is reported from the Lower Cretaceous skeleton of a sub-adult individual. It is distinguishable from other known ornithurines by possessing a combination of features including at least 16 small and conical teeth on the dentary, scapula strongly curved, metacarpal I robust and wider than other metacarpals, first manual digit long and extending beyond distal metacarpal II, and length ratio of humerus+ulna+metacarpal II to femur+tibiotarsus+tarsometatarsus is approximately 1.1. Phylogenetic analysis indicates that the the new taxon is a basal ornithurine. Jianchangornis represents the second Early Cretaceous bird with the preservation of a predentary bone, which may further confirm that a predentary could be a feature common to Mesozoic ornithurines. The advanced features of the pectoral girdle, sternum and wings of the new bird indicate its powerful flight capability, and the hindlimb bone and toe proportions as well as the ungual morphology suggest a terrestrial locomotion similar to those of Yanornis and Yixianornis. The associated fish fragments may indicate a piscivorous diet consistent with the dentation of the new bird. The discovery of a new basal ornithurine further shows that the diversification of the Ornithurae is probably no less than the enantiornithes and the near lakeshore adaptation had definitely played a key role in the early ornithurine radiation.
2)
Joseph E. Peterson, Michael D. Henderson, Reed P. Scherer & Christopher P. Vittore. Face Biting On A Juvenile Tyrannosaurid And Behavioral Implications. Palaios, 2009; 24 (11): 780 DOI: 10.2110/palo.2009.p09-056r

The juvenile tyrannosaurid specimen BMR P2002.4.1 possesses a series of four partially healed, oblong lesions along the left maxilla and nasal bones. The morphology of the lesions and their positioning and orientation are compatible with the jaws of the specimen, suggesting that the lesions may have been the result of a bite from an attacker of similar size and species as the bite victim. Bone remodeling of the lesions indicates partial healing and demonstrates that the injury was not fatal. The injury appears to have affected the growth of the skull, causing a slight warping of the left maxilla and a slight leftward curvature of the nasal. Previous examples of intraspecific behavior in theropods have noted various injuries on skulls; the majority of documented injuries are in adults. The presence and nature of these wounds suggests that juvenile tyrannosaurid behavior included intraspecific aggression among similar-sized individuals, as has been observed in modern crocodilians. Although it is not possible to unequivocally infer behavior from a fossil specimen, as a juvenile animal it is unlikely that the behavior directly reflects sexual competition or conflict, although it may represent learning behavior for later conflict as competing adults or territoriality over food or spatial resources.
3)
Sereno, P.C., and Brusatte, S.L. 2009. Comparative assessment of tyrannosaurid interrelationships. Journal of Systematic Palaeontology. doi: 10.1017/S1477201909990034.

We employ a new comparative method to four cladistic analyses of tyrannosaurid dinosaurs to identify root causes for differences between phylogenetic results. The comparative method is a three-step procedure that (1) adjusts competing hypotheses so they share equivalent taxonomic scope, (2) isolates the character data relevant to the common problem, and (3) divides relevant character data into shared and novel partitions. It is then possible to quantify the degree of similarity between character data using three indices (ancestor similarity index, character similarity index and character state similarity index).
The most parsimonious cladograms generated by the four analyses of tyrannosaurids appear fairly congruent, with two subclades present in all four analyses (Albertosaurus and Gorgosaurus versus Daspletosaurus, Tarbosaurus and Tyrannosaurus). A comparative examination of the underlying character data, however, highlights striking differences in character selection and significant differences in character state scores. Character selection and differences in scoring are root causes for phylogenetic incongruence. Comparative analysis reveals the existence of many data-level differences that remain largely obscured when comparison is limited to the most parsimonious cladograms.
4)
Xu, X., and Guo, Y. 2009. The origin and early evolution of feathers: insights from recent paleontological and neontological data. Vertebrata PalAsiatica 47(4):311-329.

Recent paleontological and neontological studies on feathers and feather-like integumentary structures have improved greatly our understanding of the origin and early evolution of feathers. New observations on some non-avian dinosaur specimens preserving integumentary structures, in combination with recent paleontological and neontological data, provide additional insights into this important evolutionary issue. Five major morphogenesis events are inferred to have occurred sequentially early in feather evolution before the origin of the Aves, and they are: 1) appearance of filamentous and tubular morphology, 2) formation of follicle and barb ridges, 3) appearance of rachis, 4) appearance of planar form, and 5) formation of pennaceous barbules. These events produce several morphotypes of feathers that are common among non-avian archosaurs but are probably lost later in avian evolution, and they also produced several morphotypes of feathers that are nearly identical or identical to those of modern birds. While feathers of non-avian dinosaurs exhibit many unique features of modern feathers, some of them also possess striking features unknown in modern feathers. Several models of evolutionary origin of feathers based on developmental data suggest that the origin of feathers is a completely innovative event and the first feathers have nothing to do with reptilian scales. We believe, however, that the defining features of modern feathers might have evolved in an incremental manner rather than in a sudden way. Consequently, an evolutionary model characteristic of both transformation and innovation is more acceptable for feather evolution. The function of the first feather is inferred to be neither related to flight nor to insulation. Display or heat dissipation, among others, remains viable hypotheses for initial function of feathers. An integrative study is promising to provide much new insights into the origin of feathers.
5)
Liang, X., Wen, S., Yang, D., Zhou, S., and Wu, S. 2009. Dinosaur eggs and dinosaur egg-bearing deposits (Upper Cretaceous) of Henan Province, China: occurrences, palaeoenvironments, taphonomy and preservation. Progress in Natural Science 19(11):1587-1601. doi: 10.1016/j.pnsc.2009.06.012.

The Upper Cretaceous dinosaur egg-bearing deposits in Henan Province, central China are divided into three ormations in ascending order: Gaogou, Majiacun and Sigou. The Gaogou Formation belongs to alluvial fan deposits containing the fossil dinosaur egg assemblage of Faveoloolithus, Dendroolithus, Dictyoolithus, Paraspheroolithus and Longiteresoolithus. The Majiacun Formation is interpreted as braided stream to meandering stream deposits with assemblage of Ovaloolithus, Paraspheroolithus, Placoolithus, Dendroolithus, Prismatoolithus, rare Youngoolithus and Nanhiungoolithus. The Sigou Formation is shallow lacustrine/palustrine to low-sinuosity river sedimentary rocks with assemblage of Macroolithus, Elongatoolithus, Ovaloolithus and Paraspheroolithus.
To date, 37 oospecies, 13 oogenera and 8 oofamilies of dinosaur eggs have been distinguished. Autochthonous dinosaur eggs are preserved in the floodplain deposits, whereas allochthonous and parautochthonous dinosaur eggs are preserved in the alluvial fans. This suggests that river floodplains are the best environments for the preservation of numerous autochthonous dinosaur eggs. The preservation of most dinosaur eggs in brown to red calcic palaeosoils, muddy siltstones or mudstones suggests that the paleoclimate of the nesting area was semiarid. The presence of gray and green mudstone and coal layers, however, indicates that there existed an ephemeral subhumid climate during the middle and Late Cretaceous. It is suggested that such a climate was favorable for the development of meandering streams in a vegetated environment.
6)
Wang, X., Kellner, A.W.A., Jiang, S., and Meng, X. 2009. An unusual long-tailed pterosaur with elongated neck from western Liaoning of China. Anais da Academia Brasileira de Ciências 81(4):793-812. doi: 10.1590/S0001-37652009000400016.

A new long-tailed pterosaur, Wukongopterus lii gen. et sp. nov, is described based on an almost complete skeleton (IVPP V15113) representing an individual with an estimated wing span of 730 mm. The specimen was discovered in strata that possibly represent the Daohugou Bed (or Daohugou Formation) at Linglongta, Jianchang, Liaoning Province, China. Wukongopterus lii is a non-pterodactyloid pterosaur diagnosed by the first two pairs of premaxillary teeth protruding beyond the dentary, elongated cervical vertebrae (convergent with Pterodactyloidea), and a strongly curved second pedal phalanx of the fifth toe. The specimen further has a broken tibia that indicates an injury occurred while the individual was still alive. Taphonomic aspects provide indirect evidence of an uropatagium, supporting the general hypothesis that at least all non-pterodactyloid pterosaurs show a membrane between the hind limbs. A phylogenetic analysis including most non-pterodactyloid pterosaurs shows that Wukongopterus lii gen. et sp. nov. lies outside the Novialoidea, being cladistically more primitive than the Rhamphorhynchidae and Campylognathoides. This analysis differs from previous studies and indicates that more work is needed before a stable picture of non-pterodactyloid pterosaur relationships is achieved.
7)
Costa, F.R., and Kellner, A.W.A. 2009. On two pterosaur humeri from the Tendaguru beds (Upper Jurassic, Tanzania). Anais da Academia Brasileira de Ciências 81(4):813-818. doi: 10.1590/S0001-37652009000400017.

Jurassic African pterosaur remains are exceptionally rare and only known from the Tendaguru deposits, Upper Jurassic, Tanzania. Here we describe two right humeri of Tendaguru pterosaurs from the Humboldt University of Berlin: specimens MB.R. 2828 (cast MN 6661-V) and MB.R. 2833 (cast MN 6666-V). MB.R. 2828 consists of a three-dimensionally preserved proximal portion. The combination of the morphological features of the deltopectoral crest not observed in other pterosaurs suggests that this specimen belongs to a new dsungaripteroid taxon. MB.R. 2833 is nearly complete, and because of a long and round proximally placed deltopectoral crest it could be referred to the Archaeopterodactyloidea. It is the smallest pterosaur from Africa and one of the smallest flying reptiles ever recorded. These specimens confirm the importance of the Tendaguru deposits for the Jurassic pterosaur record. This potential, however, has to be fully explored with more field work.
Ostatnio zmieniony 18 stycznia 2010, o 21:42 przez nazuul, łącznie zmieniany 1 raz.

ODPOWIEDZ